Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bush Invokes God...Again

Remember when Bush said God told him to invade Iraq? Well it seems now God is telling Bush to stay in Iraq even in the face of all that continues to go wrong there.

"The other debate is whether or not it is a hopeless venture to encourage the spread of liberty. Most of you all around this table are much better historians than I am. And people have said, you know, this is Wilsonian, it's hopelessly idealistic. One, it is idealistic, to this extent: It's idealistic to believe people long to be free. And nothing will change my belief. I come at it many different ways. Really not primarily from a political science perspective, frankly; it's more of a theological perspective. I do believe there is an Almighty, and I believe a gift of that Almighty to all is freedom. And I will tell you that is a principle that no one can convince me that doesn't exist."

This would be amusing if it wasn't for the fact that Bush's "God Hotline" is costing American lives every single day.

No comments: